Learn the secret to making the best Hash Browns, which are crispy on the outside and delicate on the inside. An easy recipe for a home-fried pan for the perfect breakfast side dish. Watch: video tutorial և See how easy it is.
On weekdays, we stick to super-quick breakfasts, such as: Overnight oatsbut on the weekends we walk more slowly, we turn on the stove to cook everything Omelettes to: Crepes. If you’re looking for some new favorite breakfast recipes, this crispy Hash Brown recipe is a must try. It goes well with almost any breakfast menu.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read mine Disclosure policy.
Best Hash Brown Recipe
My sister Tanya is the person who made me love homemade hash browns. They were the best I have ever tried, և his secret. Lots of butter. It adds incredible flavor and becomes brittle on the outside, forming a crust that crunches lightly when you bite into it. I went one step further and added bacon cream (yes, save that bacon cream next time to prepare bacon in the oven). Alas, it makes great hash browns – better than any restaurant.
Skillet Hash Browns Video:
Watch Natasha make these easy Hash Browns. You will be amazed at how easy it is և it will definitely go through your regular rotation. Now go and cook.
Ingredients for Hash Browns:
- Russet potatoes – These are a classic choice for hash browns as they are well crumbly
- Onion powder – Increases the taste of onion without the taste of burnt onion
- Grease or bacon cream – using bacon fat baked bacon adds even more flavor to hash brown.
- Butter: – Potatoes infuse with rich taste, improve redness և fragility
- Salt and pepper – Everything you need for potatoes is simple spices
How many potatoes should I eat?
The key to a perfectly cooked hash brown is to keep it in the pan about 1/3 to 1/2 inch thick, otherwise they will not be crispy and will not cook properly. Here are the guidelines we follow.
- 10 inch boilerUse 1.25 pounds of potatoes
- 12 inch boiler. use 1.5 pounds of potatoes
- GridlUse 2 pounds + or so of potatoes to keep the potatoes about 1/3 inch thick when the potatoes are spread on the surface.
Pro Tip: To make the hash brown, use a non-stick pan or seasoned cast iron to prevent the potatoes from sticking to the pan.
How to Make Hashbrowns
- Prepare the potatoes – Peel a squash, grate it and squeeze the juice safety gloves to protect your hands). Transfer the potatoes to a covered bowl cheesecake. Wrap the potatoes tightly in gauze and squeeze so that as much juice as possible comes out. Sprinkle the potatoes with onion powder and mix to combine.
- Heat the pan – Put a large non-stick or cast iron saucepan on medium heat. When the pan heats up, add oil and butter.
- Add the potatoes – Spread the potatoes in an even layer in a frying pan, about 1/3 inch thick. Fry without stirring for 6 minutes or until the bottom is golden brown and crumbly.
- Season: – Sprinkle salt and pepper on top of the potatoes to taste.
- Turn the hash browns Cut the hash browns in half or a quarter using a pizza cutter to make them easier to turn. Turn, then season the other side with salt and pepper.
- Pour more oil or bacon fat around the edges և grease the edges with butter that will melt under the hash brown. Fry for 6 minutes until golden brown.
How to squeeze water from potatoes
Removing excess water is very important to get the most crunchy brown colors. Here are some methods to try. The curd method is the fastest: easiest.
- By hand. Squeeze the potato fists into a colander to drain as much liquid as possible, then transfer to a paper towel bowl and pat dry with paper towels.
- cheesePut the potatoes cheesecake կամ Squeeze or squeeze as much water as you can.
- Tea towel. Follow the same method for squeezing the liquid as the cloth. Keep in mind that potatoes can stain the towel, so use one that you will not mind mixing.
- Potato rice. This is my least favorite և I think it is easier by hand, but you can squeeze the water in portions using potato rice.
You want to allow the potatoes to become crispy դառնալ before turning the potatoes. Just look at them to make sure your temperature is not too high – avoid burning potatoes. Otherwise, you should not mix the potatoes, just turn over half of the cooking.
I tried this with freshly chopped onions, ը onions tend to burn on the pan, և there is a hint of burnt taste. Adding onion powder provides enough onion flavor without the burning problem. You can add fresh onion as a garnish if you want more onion flavor.
Russet potatoes are the most popular potato for hash browns. They are better than crispy waxy potatoes. That said, you can still make delicious hash browns with Yukon golden potatoes if that’s what you have.
Serve with Hash Browns
Hash Browns is one of our favorite breakfasts. They combine well.
Homemade Hash Browns are cheap և easy to make և treat like this. Sometimes all you need is a little ketchup to soak them in (they taste like the best part of a fries). How do you like your hash browns? I would love to hear from you in the comments.
Best Crispy Hash Browns Recipe
Preparation time. 13: minute
Cooking time. 12: minute
Total time: 25: minute
Here’s the secret to making the finest crunchy Hash Browns – the perfect breakfast side dish. These homemade hash browns go so well with almost any bacon, egg or breakfast dish. This recipe is written a 10 inch boiler.
The cost of making.
$ 2- $ 4:
Hash Brown recipe, Hash Browns
Services: 4: people as a side dish
Peel a squash, grate it and put it in a bowl cheesecake. Use a cloth to squeeze as much liquid as possible from the potatoes (or squeeze the water with your fists և dry with paper towels). Sprinkle the potatoes with onion powder and mix to combine.
Heat a large 10 inch cast iron boiler or non-stick frying pan over medium heat, when it is hot (but not smoking), add 1 g / g oil or bacon fat և roll in 1 g / g butter.
Add potatoes և spread in one layer about 1/3 inch thick. Let the potatoes cook for 6 minutes on medium heat or until the bottom is red and crispy (if it gets dark too quickly, lower the heat).
Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.
Turn the khash browns. Sprinkle salt and pepper again on the other side. If the hash browns do not turn easily into a single disc, use a pizza cutter to cut in half or a quarter, then turn into separate pieces.
Pour 1 g / g oil or ham oil around the edges, grease the edges with butter. The hash will melt under the browns. Fry without stirring for 6 minutes or until the potatoes are golden brown and crispy on the second side. Remove from the heat and serve garnished with onions.
How many potatoes to use?
- 12-inch frying pan = 1.5 pounds of potatoes
- 10 inch frying pan = 1.25 pound potatoes
- Griddle = use enough potatoes to keep the potatoes about 1/3 thick
Best Crispy Hash Browns Recipe
The amount for one service
Calories from fat 63
% Daily value *
Fat: 7 g11%
Saturated fats 1 g6%
Polyunsaturated fats 1 g
Mono unsaturated fats 5 g
Cholesterol: 1 mg0%
Sodium 306 mg13%
Potassium 605 mg17%
Carbohydrates 26 g9%
fiber 2 g8%
Sugar 1 g1%
Proteins 3 g6%
Vitamin A: 14 IU:0%
Vitamin C: 8 mg10%
Calcium 29 mg3%
Iron: 1 mg6%
* Daily percentage values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
see secret product in Box below
‘The accuracy or reliability of any information/material/calculation contained in this article is not guaranteed. This information has been brought to you by collecting from various mediums / astrologers / almanacs / discourses / beliefs / scriptures. Our purpose is only to deliver information, its users should take it as mere information. In addition, any use thereof shall be the responsibility of the user himself.’